preacherman

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Needing Prayers and Financial Help

I want to begin by saying that I appreciate all of my readers. You make blogging worth it. I appreciate everyone' sprayers for my health over the last two years.

I am needing your prayers yet again. Over the last week I have had a constant migraine that hasn't gone away. I am going to the neurologist this next week to see what he can do for it.

In July, I was diagnosed with Barretts' Disease, which is the disease of the esophagus that causes cancer to eventually develop. I have to have EGDs done every 6 months. I am scheduled for an EGD on October the 16th. They will also do a biopsy to see if I have cancer or not.

I am also having severe nerve pain left from the Guillain-Barre' Syndrome. There are times at night where I will wake up with charlie horses and severe muscle cramps and my days are filled with burning pain all over my body.

Again, your prayers are greatly appreciated. My family and I have felt and have been blessed by your prayers. Prayer is so powerful. Over the last two years of my life, our faith has grown so much as we have seen God work in our lives. As you can imagine, though, medical bills are piling up.

I will be covered by my wife's health insurance in early 2009, but my pre-existing health problems won't be covered for a year after that.

God has blessed my family and I with a wonderful congregation here in Rocksprings, Texas who loves and cares for us. They have been so patient with us during my time of illness. I will forever be grateful for all that they have done.

I also wanted to let everyone know that over the next few months my family and I will be going through a huge transition. My wife graduates in December and has accepted a job as the Kerr County Assistant Auditor which will begin January 5th. We praise God for the job. We have also found a home. I have a couple of job prospects as well, but they might not materialize for a while. One thing I have learned is that God always provides for his people no matter how hard life may be. Our oil jar never seems to completely run out.

I know and understand that we are living in a difficult economy right now. I have lost some financial support due to the economy. My medical fund is now down to only $50. I greatly appreciate those who have been helping us. What my family and I need now is financial support from individuals or congregations until February because my wife doesn't get paid until February 1st and we desperately need to be closer to my doctors, so we feel the need to go ahead and move.

We see in scripture that Christians are to take care of Christians who are in need. (James 2:14-17; Philippians 2:4-5; Colossians 3:12-17; 1Timothy 6:17-19) . I pray that someday I might be able to pass on the help we've received.

If you would like to give to help our family over the next couple of months and to help with medical bills, you can send donations to:

Kinney Mabry
PO Box 785
Rocksprings Texas 78880

This is my prayer from Paul in Philippians 1:9-11, "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that may come through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God."

Thank you so much for all that you have done and continue to do to help us.
We deeply appreciate it.

Share your thoughts.

34 Comments:

Blogger Foggy Blogger said...

Preacherman, I'll be praying for you! I wish i could offer financial support, but im in a similar situation. Its stories like yours that make me frustrated with the health insurance and the medical industry! (grrr!)

10:35 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Foggy blogger,
I totally understand and want you to know that I appreciate your prayers more than anything. Thank you. Thank you.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Rita Loca said...

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to be able to help financially, but please know I have added you to my prayer list.

10:46 PM  
Blogger jeleasure said...

Hi Kinney,
Vicki and I are sending some money. Times are tough, but we are blessed to have jobs. I don't know what dollar amount we will send. Vicki deals with the money issues.
We have been praying for you. Also, I will see what we can do to have you speak at our church. I will be discussing this with the Family Life Pastor.
Jim Leasure

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is good that you ask.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a privilege to help my Christian brother during these trying times.

Some help is on the way; you, and your family are in my prayers.

3:33 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

God is trying to teach me to swallow my pride and accept help graciously whether it be prayers or money. Thank you bloggers for all you do and continue to do for me and my family. You have been such a blessing during these difficult times.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Am praying, Kinney. So sorry to hear of all the troubles. We've been strapped as well, taking on probably unwisely some debt of our daughter's back at a certain time, as well as helping her with a school bill we're committed to. But we will pray about it. And will be praying.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Liz Moore said...

I will keep you in my prayers. I pray God's blessings upon you and your family.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Russell said...

Kinney, you and your family are in our prayers! God is with you!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Aussie John said...

preacherman,

I am sorry to read of your health issues, and will be praying. I can understand your situation as I have been in a similar position for the last fifteen years with chronic osteo-arthritis.

Of one thing I'm certain of your agreement, we can rejoice in these fleshly infirmities because we have a wonderful Father who has proven always to be faithful.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Paul Ford said...

Preacherman, I've read over your post a few times now, and each time, my heart goes out to you and your family. So, I struggle with the right words to say. I am sorry to hear of your pain and suffering. I will pray for you and your family. I know it's hard on you all. One blessing you've done, by opening up and pouring yourself out to us all is you've blessed us with the opportunity to pray for you and your family. So we all share blessings in this struggle. We share prayers, blessings, pain & suffering. We rejoice with you, and we weep with you. Remember to praise God through it all. Remember Job - "though He slay me, still will I praise Him." Trust in God, not in man. Praise God as if He's already taken care of everything. Ask God to increase your faith as the man said, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief."
Just know that there are a lot of people praying for you now.

8:16 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Thank you Paul and all who are praying. My EGD and biopsy has been moved to friday morning. My wife and parents will be driving me down and back after the proceedure. I apppreciate all that you readers are doing. I can feel my faith getting stronger and can feel your presence. Thank you.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cover Preacherman in the blood of the Lamb, protect him from all evil and help him to fulfill Your purpose, in the name of Jesus. Amen

10:30 AM  
Blogger Benjie said...

Haven't been around in awhile. I'm praying for you and yours, Kinney. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by.

Benj.

1:54 PM  
Blogger erinlo said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! I am reading yours now and really enjoy how you provoke your readers to think about "the kingdom." LOVE that!

I will be praying for you and your wife and your financial situation. The Lord will provide and it may be in a way that you would never expect!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Crowm said...

Hey Kinney!

Please remember we've prayed for you for months. We're currently paying a mortgage on a vacant house in the Austin area (pls pray with us as well). God will provide!

Blessings my friend,
Mike

10:25 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Crowm,
I want to thank you beyonds how much I appreciate your prayers. All of the prayers that my readers have offered up to God have worked. I will be praying for your circumstances too. Over this last 2 years God has shown me the power of his word and prayer. Thank again and hope you and everyone reading has a wonderful weekend.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Matthew Carpenter said...

You will be in my daily prayers.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the problems :(

I'll keep you in my prayers - sorry I can't do more!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be praying brother and my wife said we could probably help financially. Blessings and Shalom

8:38 PM  
Blogger Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Preacherman, thanks for your very kind words on my blogs and Big Jim's.

I pray now in Jesus name for your physical and financial blessings.

I can relate a little as I am a student with sleep apnea. I cannot afford the dental work I need in order to receive a needed jaw operation.

Again, if you ever want to have links, I will link you.

thekingpin68

satire and theology

Russ:)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Bill Williams said...

You and your beloved are in my thoughts and prayers. According to the grace of God that has been lavished upon us, we will do what we can on the financial side.

God bless,

-bill @ spiritual oasis

3:56 PM  
Blogger Christop said...

Praying for yous at the moment.

7:27 PM  
Blogger thoughts of a person on a journey said...

been slightly busy over the past few weeks preacherman, but I will be praying for you and if I can find something I will send it over.

blessings

Dot

4:09 AM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Kinney and family,
Deb and I will be sending help and getting that in the mail on Monday, and will keep praying.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Preacherman,

I will be praying for you as well. I am fairly new here, but when one part of the body hurts, we all hurt. Keep us updated.

12:06 PM  
Blogger sojourner said...

It was good to have you visit His Garden. I will put you on my prayer list. May you feel God's presence in power and gentle love!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

May the Lord provide everything you need. I'm sorry to hear about your suffering.

6:00 PM  
Blogger jel said...

morning pM,

ya are and your family are in my thought s and prayer as always

5:42 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I will see what I can do. Hang in there my friend.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there, preacherdude,
will be praying for you

11:17 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It really does build us up and help me heal to see believers who care. Thank you!

9:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home